Morrison Spring on 5/3/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sonofasailor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Did anyone dive Morrison this weekend? It looks like the river levels are back to "normal" but I just wanted to see if anyone has reports. I plan on diving there tomorrow if the vis is good.

I dunno if it'll be blue, but it should be atleast a decent green color with 20-30' of visibility. Thats just a guess from the water levels, I didn't dive it.

thanks Mat, that's what I figured. Good seeing you at JB this weekend.

It was very clear saturday morning. Could see all the way down to the cavern from the dock. .. Unfortunately the sheriffs dept claimed there was a new lock on the gate and they could not open it..I was gonna try and get in a dive but just wasnt worth the effort.

Who in the crap is in charge of the gate? If the Sheriff's Dept is in charge, why don't they have a key? The people running that joint are totally unorganized.

I took in a student for some training on Saturday. The vis at the start of the day was > 50ft. better over the boil. Looks clear blue in the shallower areas near the platforms.

The gate to the close parking was closed and locked, but the gate for entering as a pedestrian was open. We walked in with our gear from the outer parking lot. There were alot of swimmers.

Other divers dropped by after a couple of hours.

Vis dropped in localized areas, but cleared within 15 minutes.

Keith

went on sunday and again today. The spring is crystal clear.

So i take it that if you arrive at sunrise the gate is guaranteed to be locked? plan on being down there in a few weeks and doing a sunrise dive before others show up. Havent been to morrison since 1991. Glad it has reopened, sad may have to carry the gear from the next county to get to the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom