St. Andrews State Park Dive n Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRXRAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Panama City Jetties Dive n Dine

Who: West Florida Dive Club Members

What: Diving at the Jetties and a Cookout

When: May 16th 10:00 AM High Tide is 1:19 PM

Where: St. Andrews State Park

Why: Come on out and meet the club members and have a great time Diving the Best Shore dive in the area!

Cost: $5.00 entrance fee at State Park, Non-Dive Club Members an additional $10.00 for Food/Drinks!

So here is the scoop: We will be going to St. Andrews Sate Park in Panama City Beach, FL. It is approximately 2 hours drive from Gulf Breeze to the park, there are of course a ton of accommodations near the State Park and camping is available if you are interested in camping. There are public restrooms and a snack bar/beach shop at the jetties and we will do our best to have one of the large first come first serve pavilions near the water for our cookout of hamburgers/hot dogs water and soda.

This is a great dive area for everyone from snorkelers, to open water students, to advanced divers. It is a very easy walk to the water from the pavilion area, mostly sidewalk and boardwalk and only about 40 yards of sand. Once in the water you will be in a very large lagoon know as the "Kiddy Pool", where depths gradually increase to 15-20 feet and is protected from the surf and strong currents. Along the rock Jetties inside the "Kiddy Pool" is a large range of life including all kinds of invertebrates, lots of small reef fish and some larger schools of fish like Spades, Sheepsheads, Mullet, and more. This area is a great dive in it's own right. For the more adventurous you can make your way through openings in the Jetty to the Canal which leads to the Gulf. Depths here range from 25 feet to 65 feet to the sand and the large boulders that make up the Jetty hosts just a ton of life. Make this a must do Dive club event for you and your family....You won't regret it! Note: Dive Flags are a must as boaters do fish around the jetties as well as a dive knife in case of entanglement with fishing line. As of May 1st the water temp has reached 69* and it is expected to be 70* + by May 16th. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

More info on the site can be found on our website under Dive Sites/Shore dives!

Curse the weekend shifts. Looks like I will not be able to make it to the dive, but if anyone needs an air fill I'll be at the shop all day!

I'd like to get a head count so if you're interested in going please let me know or post it here!

Barry:

I'm planning to attend as a non member, and will happily pitch in the $10 for food and drinks. I'd also be willing to bring some food or drinks if needed. Mr. and Mrs. Fish are talking about being down there for the week, and want to do the dives, but the "dining" may be too early for them to make it LOL.....

Barry
This sounds like a great time. I am thinking of an attack plan to get a another pass for this. Might have to bring the family and let them play in the kiddie pool.

Also my new camera comes in tomorrow, and would be a great practice run.

We'd be happy to have you!

Barry
This sounds like a great time. I am thinking of an attack plan to get a another pass for this. Might have to bring the family and let them play in the kiddie pool.

Also my new camera comes in tomorrow, and would be a great practice run.

Alex, We made you a member for helping out with the legal aspects of the club. But, I still need a copy of your DAN insurance and an application and Waiver for our records. Both can be found on our webpage at www.westfloridadiveclub.com

Barry:

I'm planning to attend as a non member, and will happily pitch in the $10 for food and drinks. I'd also be willing to bring some food or drinks if needed. Mr. and Mrs. Fish are talking about being down there for the week, and want to do the dives, but the "dining" may be too early for them to make it LOL.....

Are you going Robert? At least I'm assuming that firechazer is Robert. By the typing style, name, and sentance structure I'd say it was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom