Reg for doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upton7418

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I was looking into getting a Hollis Reg and I'm trying to decide between the DC1 and DC3. Right now i'm just looking to use it for a basic set-up but in the future i'm looking to turn it into a double. Between the two which would be better for a double. I keep seeing sites say that the DC3 is better for doubles, and I was wondering why. Does the 1st stage swivel have something to do with it???

thanks,

Does the 1st stage swivel have something to do with it???
That's what it says on their website.

You may be making some mistakes in your decision process. The first step to choosing a regulator is to decide what features you want...and don't want. Then worry about which manufacturer and which model.

I've got nothing bad to say about Hollis, by the way. It's just that until you understand what pro's and con's of the Great Swivel Debate are (or piston -v- diaphragm, etc.), you might not be informed well enough to start comparing two specific models.

Speaking from experience. :D

p.s.: if you are considering the possibility of technical diving in the future, the general consensus among the cognoscenti is that swivels are to be avoided. I'll leave it to you to find out why.

I was looking into getting a Hollis Reg and I'm trying to decide between the DC1 and DC3. Right now i'm just looking to use it for a basic set-up but in the future i'm looking to turn it into a double. Between the two which would be better for a double. I keep seeing sites say that the DC3 is better for doubles, and I was wondering why. Does the 1st stage swivel have something to do with it???

thanks,

Upton,

Both the DC1 and DC3 are suitable for both singles or doubles kits. However, the DC3 was designed specifically with a doubles set in mind. Same body as the DC1 without the swivel - which is sometimes seen as unnecessary and are avoided among others. It also has one HP port VS. two on the DC1. These regs both feature an environmental diaphragm and are overbalanced.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom