Bonaire pipefish [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Bonaire pipefish

Sponsored Link
louisianadiver
May 6th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Well, I finally got one! I've seen bits of them in the coral before, and I've seen them in the open briefly, but I've never gotten a shot. It has some technical problems (and is edited for my printer, so it may appear light on laptop monitors), but, dammit, it's a pipefish (harlequin) and I'm happy to have it. Am I a fish geek, or what?
http://claycoleman.tripod.com/fb9bdd30.jpg
Clay

fisheyeview
May 6th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Congrats Clay. Nice shot.

Warmwater Wank
May 6th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Clay--Nice! I'd gotten a shot previously (around Andrea I if I recall) of a Harlequin but not as in the open as this--they do make it hard on photogs. Just got back from Bonaire on 5/2 and saw a Banded Pipefish (rather yellowish) but it didn't feel like dealing w/ paparazzi. Good job on this one. // g

herman
May 6th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Clay--Nice! I'd gotten a shot previously (around Andrea I if I recall) of a Harlequin but not as in the open as this--they do make it hard on photogs. Just got back from Bonaire on 5/2 and saw a Banded Pipefish (rather yellowish) but it didn't feel like dealing w/ paparazzi. Good job on this one. // g

5/2?? were you at the sunday night 4/26 BBQ at GRI by any chance? Deputy Dan and myself were there.

OP, nice shot, I have yet to see one of those but I did find a wire coral shrimp this trip...spent the rest of the trip looking at every piece of wire coral on Bonaire for another one.

Warmwater Wank
May 7th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Herman--Alas, we were staying further south this trip (south east of the soccer field anyway), never made it over to GRI, despite good intentions. (Maybe we need to start a Bonaire Pipefish & Wire Coral Society?) What I like about Clay's shot is how well you can see the shape of the main body. // ww

hammerhead man
May 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Clay, you did great!!!! My pipe fish shots have been horrible. I just can't seem to get the critters in focus!!! NICE JOB.

Regards,

Bill

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1