Bonaire pipefish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

louisianadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I finally got one! I've seen bits of them in the coral before, and I've seen them in the open briefly, but I've never gotten a shot. It has some technical problems (and is edited for my printer, so it may appear light on laptop monitors), but, dammit, it's a pipefish (harlequin) and I'm happy to have it. Am I a fish geek, or what?
fb9bdd30.jpg

Clay

Clay--Nice! I'd gotten a shot previously (around Andrea I if I recall) of a Harlequin but not as in the open as this--they do make it hard on photogs. Just got back from Bonaire on 5/2 and saw a Banded Pipefish (rather yellowish) but it didn't feel like dealing w/ paparazzi. Good job on this one. // g

Clay--Nice! I'd gotten a shot previously (around Andrea I if I recall) of a Harlequin but not as in the open as this--they do make it hard on photogs. Just got back from Bonaire on 5/2 and saw a Banded Pipefish (rather yellowish) but it didn't feel like dealing w/ paparazzi. Good job on this one. // g

5/2?? were you at the sunday night 4/26 BBQ at GRI by any chance? Deputy Dan and myself were there.

OP, nice shot, I have yet to see one of those but I did find a wire coral shrimp this trip...spent the rest of the trip looking at every piece of wire coral on Bonaire for another one.

Herman--Alas, we were staying further south this trip (south east of the soccer field anyway), never made it over to GRI, despite good intentions. (Maybe we need to start a Bonaire Pipefish & Wire Coral Society?) What I like about Clay's shot is how well you can see the shape of the main body. // ww

Clay, you did great!!!! My pipe fish shots have been horrible. I just can't seem to get the critters in focus!!! NICE JOB.

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom