air fills near lake Hartwell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinginn

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the closest place to get fills near lake Hartwell. I was wondering if there are any dive shop in Anderson SC or close.

thanks sandman,that was what is what I was looking for.

You could check with these people located in Hartwell! I have never used them or been there but I have seen some ads for them! They offer scuba lessons and sale equipment! They might do fills!

Aqua Camp of Northeast Georgia
1134 Junction 77 Highway, Hartwell, GA 30643
Phone: (706) 436-4041

Tony

Last edited:
Your welcome Divinginn,

Have you found an good places to dive in Hartwell? We are up there all the time! My grandparents have a place on the lake! We usually drive over to lake Jocassee and do some diving!

Tony

I did a few dives there last year by the dam,the vis was about 15 ft.,not bad for lake diving,I want to explore the South Carolina side some more,I need to find some ledges on some deeper water where I can stay in the clear thermocline. I will be diving up there more this year,have a pontoon boat set up for diving docked on the Georgia side. Let me know if you are interested in going diving there,I think I am the only one diving that lake. I am going somewhere next weekend,was thinking about joccassi,but may wait until the water clears some more,I will have some new divers with me,who will not be able to go deep for decent vis.,I am thinking of going to Hartwell or blue water instead. I am going diving next week even if I have to go jump in the neighborhood pool,all this rain has not been helping any.

Tony thanks for the plug. I do not have air fills at this time, but hope to in the coming weeks as my dive shop is under construction now.

Last edited:
Diving in Hartwell is okay for viz, but there are many entanglement hazards. There is a lot of fishing line, so if you dive be careful and carry shears and a line cutter. I take all of my o/w students to Jocasse which is about 45 minutes north on hwy 11 (1st exit in SC). Local dive shops are Off The Wall which is on the road to Devils Fork State Park. Another GREAT dive shop is Upstate Scuba -they are truly a top-notch operation ran by true professionals - located in Clemson. From an air / tank rental position Off the Wall is more convenient with a true 3200 psi fill, though Upstate Scuba is certaily worth the trip if you have a chance to go. Their number is 866-312-3483, you'll speak with Dan, Robbie, or Mathew.

Aqua Camp,

Welcome to scubaboard.

Your welcome for the plug. I noticed your business card at a local restaurant I visit from time to time.

Well, I will have to visit your shop once everything is up and going. I am usually up there in the Hartwell area about twice a month. Just give me a pm when everything is ready and I will stop by and check it out.

Thanks for the info on Hartwell and Jocassee. I am still fairly new to diving so I try to stick with places I know. I have been doing most of my diving in Jocassee for now, but I am looking to expand my horizon to some more local lakes(Lanier, Hartwell,Clarks Hill, and maybe Oconee) this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom