Dom.Rep and Natura Park Resort????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimbob

Reaction score
Going to Dom.Rep....We are staying at the Natura Park Resort. Has anyone ever been there and do you have any suggestions for dive shops? What about shore diving from the resort as well? Thanks in advance...

If I remember right that resort is in punta cana? If so, the diving there is not supposed to be that great. You are not too far from Bayhibe, which does have some decent diving. 2-3 hr drive, I think...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I could offer you some insight into Bayhibe diving if your interested

That resort is in Punta Cana. You can tell from my previous posts that I am not a fan of Diving there. Ask the Dive op where the reef you will be diving that day is and how deep. While still having two feet firmly planted on the ground. Do not wait for an on boat orientation. You might find yourself on a 12 foot fun dive after riding for 30 minutes with a group of resort certs.
Dive ops in Punta Cana will not do night dives because the boats where getting stollen/hijacked while the divers were down. There is a local wreck called the Amstron (max depth 46 ft).

My $.02 is that Mexico PDC or Akumel is priced about the same as Punta Cana all-inclusive vacations.The diving is not great and there is not much to do in the area. There is little going on outside the resorts.

If you don't take that advise...........you will kick yourself if you pass up on the next.
Bayhibe/ LaRomana is 2 hours away (cut through the sugar plantations to shave a 1/2 hour). Arrange a dive trip to Catalina Island. The wall there is great. There are some other good sites to dive from that area. The St. George wreck dives go out of LaRomana.

Thanks for the advice guys.

To answer your questions...yes, the resort is in Punta Cana.

This will be our first dive after we get our certifications. So we will be happy to just go under water. With that our expectations are really low. I will looking into some of the dives that you mentioned. We are not going to be diving all week but we would like to do some. From what I have seen the DR is a good place for beginners, and we certainly are that. As far a there not being much to do, we are not really concerned about that. We're beach bumbs and won't really want to get out anyways. Thanks for your help and I will certainly keep in mind the things that you spoke about. I will post a trip report upon our arrival back home, we leave 6/14 and will return 6/21. Thanks again.

Jimbob

You'll love the DR. Punta Cana is supposed to have the best beaches. The diving isn't the best but like you said, you'll still be getting wet. Theres lots to do there.
Have a good time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom