Diving in Forillon National Park, Quebec, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eli homza

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm scheduled to take a cruise with Holland America in mid-October. Much to my surprise, the cruise line is offering an excursion labelled "Scuba Diving in Forillon National Park". The narrative description of the excursion is VERY vague. I did some web searching, and come to discover diving is one of the attractions listed for this national park. Seems to me the water would be pretty cold that time of year. I'm really not interested in diving in a drysuit (not trained, and do not plan on getting trained<g>). Has anyone dived in this area with a 7mm wetsuit? Feedback?

Diving in Forillon is very nice. I went there in Summer time twice in the mid-90'. We dived in dry suit both times. 7mm may be enough in July-August, but in October, i wouldn't recomend trying it!

By the way, this area is in what's called ''Baie des chaleurs'' which could be translated by ''Warm bay''. This is really misleading when you know the actual weather that prevails there!

it's a question of tolerance to cold.

A 7mm should be warm enough. However, i would be more concerned about the air temperature. It's when you get outside of the water that it might get more "uncomfortable".

But I just noticed you're from Florida. Yeah, you'll find it cold. Better get a drysuit :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom