Dive shops in Hurghada? (for equipment, not dives)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I will go to Hurghada for a trip from next Tuesday. I was wondering if somebody could advice me about dive shops over there. As the equipment offer in Romania is quite limited, I would enjoy going to some big dive shop, with tons of equipment. I hope that this place being a scuba destination, there should be such shops over there.

Mostly, I would love seeing a shop that has Atomic Aquatics, Halcyon or Apeks equipment. Not really interested in Scubapro/Aqualung/Mares, as I have them locally.

So, what was your experience with shops in Hurghada? How are the prices and the availability of various equipment items there?

Based on having been there last week, I think you're going to be disappointed. The two shops I was in by the Hurgada Marina had very little in the way of gear. Plenty of masks and fins and some computers but not much in the way of other stuff. Certainly no tech gear.

At one time Amir watch shop sold the cheapest Suunto and Citizen computers/dive watches anywhere.
Worth a look.
Check out Scubatech - used to be quite good.

There are plenty of Dive Shops with al the stuff you want. Let me know when you're coming here and I'll arrange it. No worries... As long as I'm in town and not out on the sea of course. Also you can have a look at WELCOME TO AZIAB for information. it's my personal website and independent from all the operators. I'll show you the way to the local TDI office/Shop and you'll be happy as Larry.

......a.....

Last edited:
I saw your message too late - I'm already back in Bucharest :-(

Ok mate. Too bad. You would have liked to have a look around there. Right up your alley so to speak. and fairly good prices. Maybe next time. If you have any more questions you're more than welcome to write directly to me. There are always people on these forums that think they know but they don't. More and more often the replies are inaccurate or even misleading.

.....a.....

I did took a look around, and not only on the main street :)

I have seen about 5 dive shops, but all with normal gear. The prices were about 10-30% higher than in my country (and they didn't seem negotiable).

I have purchased a few small items, just for the fun of it, and I was close to buying a big poster of the Thistlegorm from the Mares shop, when I have noticed it was missing the captain's cabin and the bridge (I had fresh memories from the dive the day before that).

Hello vixtor,

Red Sea Market is the diving equipment market in Hurghada, Egypt. Dive gear, books, courses, Red Sea diving safari. Low prices. redseamarket.com

There is "Scuba Online" Profesional Diving Equipments shop in Hurghada, we have everything, and we are authorized dealers and authorized maintenance service provider for Scubapro, Mares and Poseidon, and dealers for Cressi Sub, Beuchat and Tusa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom