Pensacola shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BellaBeachGirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Where is the best place in Pensacola to do a shore dive, and how do you get there? I'm going diving tomorrow, no matter what! The tide is right after 11 so I want to hit the water around 9. Is the Pensacola jetties a good place to go?

ive seen others post about pensacola pier, but im not sure about it. navarre pier, alabama point isnt too far from pensacola, whiskey wreck is same as alabama point distance wise, im wanting to go somewhere as well tmm. oh and i havnt been to destin, incase you wanted to go there again for shells/sand dollars?

Last I heard the sandbar is covering the majority of what makes up of the Pensacola Beach Reef(pier rubble from the old pier piled just east of the new pier). You can't dive the active P'Cola Beach Pier.

Navarre Pier is still divable?

Fort Pickens Jetties is a great dive if you can get to it.

The Whiskey is mostly covered in Gulf Shores, but the Alabama Point Jetties can still be a great dive.

I would say the Navarre pier is probably the closest and best shore dive in the P'cola beach area and Ft. Pickens will hopefully be open again Memorial day weekend which will bring back one of the best beach dives in our area...

It looks from the web cams that Navarre Beach is getting blue again, so we should try to hit it here soon before they close the beach to diving while they remove the pier and rubble.

Back
Top Bottom