Dive Report: Ft. Pickens Jetty 05-09-2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRXRAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Mrs. Xray invited some Non-Diving friends to a boat trip to Ft. Pickens Jetty so it forced me to clean her up which needed to be done anyway and get her ready for the season. And as an extra incentive my sometime diving wife offered to dive with me (I think to show off her to her coworker). Anyways, we headed out of Shorline at about 09:00 AM for the trip and made good time to the Fort. We were anchored up just West of the Jetties and backed in to let our passengers off without getting to wet. Mrs. Xray gets BAD motion sickens so it wasn't long before she was scrambling for shore while I get everything ready for our dive. We ended up splashing just after high tide but we did enjoy some nice viz (15-20 feet) for our hour or so of diving. We saw just a ton of Blue Crab, and some other "Reef Fish" and a few nice Gags, some snapper and a few Spades. I did take the camera but was mainly focused on Mrs. Xray so I didn't get many photos. The water was real warm, I don't have a # but I'd bet 78*-80* in fact I just wore a 3mm shorty, and I got hot. We just stayed around the West finger jetty and never ventured below 30 feet. More than anything it was nice to dive with my honey again!

Some Pics:

P5093275.jpg

P5093268.jpg

P5093264.jpg

P5093269.jpg

That's so sweet!! I'm glad you two had a great dive together. :)

Thanks for the report. The water IS warm :) I spent a good bit of time at the beach today, no diving, but the water felt great in trunks.

Thanks! It was good to see her underwater and she said last night....... Wait for it..........Wait for it..........Wait for it.........OK, "She had a good time diving"...... Imagine that! Fun and diving, who would have thought!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom