Casting call - suit up for tv!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Per e-mail I recieved:

"An Emmy-winning production company is casting now for a reality-based TV series of a hardcore shipwreck diver who teams up with a female underwater archaeologist to explore the best wrecks in the world accessible to everyday sport divers.

In Awesome Wreck Dives, viewers will join our co-hosts as they research, dive and explore the worldÃÔ most exhilarating wrecks, unaided by submersibles and hi-tech pro equipment. Both topside and deep within the wrecks, our cameras will be there to capture the fear, excitement and challenge of sport wreck diving at its very best. State-of-the-art computer graphics will show us right where we are.

The guy will be an experienced wreck diver familiar with the most popular sport diving wrecks. HeÃÍl be salvage-savvy with a passion for any type of submerged wreck -- ship, plane, locomotive -- and totally comfortable and level-headed in tight underwater situations. Plus heÃÍl be up to snuff on the latest sport diving techniques, methods and gear, including Nitrox.

Our gal co-host will be a charismatic and athletic scuba diver, ideally with a strong background in maritime history and archaeology. SheÃÍl have solid experience diving in challenging conditions, including strong currents, zero visibility, and depths greater than 150 feet. Production will be physically challenging, even grueling at times, depending on the environment. We need someone who is cheerful, tough, comfortable on-camera, and no quitter or prima donna.

These are paid and insured positions. Full details and contact info can be found at AWESOME WRECK DIVES. Serious candidates are encouraged to submit relevant recent photos, a summary of diving experience, any harrowing or exciting or unique experiences, articles or other supportive materials, and a convincing explanation of why you just have to do this. The truly motivated may even shoot a short video clip of under three minutes, which could be a real plus. So suit up and... good luck!"

ah, great, they're supporting the hero diving image.

Sounds like a great show. I hope it works for you. I was thinking of something similar recently but not just with wrecks. Good luck with your show.

Per e-mail I recieved:

"An Emmy-winning production company is casting now for a reality-based TV series of a hardcore shipwreck diver who teams up with a female underwater archaeologist to explore the best wrecks in the world accessible to everyday sport divers.

Good luck on this. Archaeologists and Wreck Divers don't mix well.

Back
Top Bottom