Loch Low-Minn, East Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KC5UX

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm considering a Dive Day at Loch Low-Minn next sunday (May 17) as part of a Smokey Mountains vacation and wonder if they are still open. I tried calling several times today, always busy, e-mail to the link on their website bounced. I have a few questions.

If I show up around 9 AM, how likely is it that I can find a buddy? What is the current water temperature? If below 70 are 7mm wetsuits available for rent? Are tank rentals and fills available? Think so according to their website, but want to be sure.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Fish
Albuquerque, New Mexico

The quarry opens at 9 am. There should be quite a few divers around so feel free to tag along. Water temp will be somewhere in the mid 50's depending on the amount of rain. Tank rentals and fills are both available on site.

If you can change your plans to Saturday I would probably be able to dive with you!

Stacy can be hard to reach by phone, but I can assure you that there will be divers there.

Finding a suitable buddy should be no problem.

The current water temps are in the mid 50's.

They rent gear, but if you want a suit that fits, especially a 5 or 7 mm, you may want to consider renting that at a more local dive shop.

Sorry, but I can't remember if they rent suits or not, but the probability of them having one that is a good fit for you is probably pretty slim. The equipment they do rent is not great in volume, mostly there to acommodate divers who have forgotten a critical piece of equipment.

They do rent tank and provide fills, both air and nitrox.

Enjoy your dives !!!

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom