Changes on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VortexBlue

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Shane here. I just wanted to let everyone know that I probably will not be here at the end of summer. For those of you who know who I am, I want you to know how much I have loved getting to know all of you. Thank you for taking me in and putting up with me while I changed the place you have know for years (I hope for the better). I would like to ask for a letter of recommendation from anyone who has seen my accomplishments in my current position. If anyone knows of an opening for a seasoned dive shop / resort manager please let me know. I would love to stay in this industry, and you know I love what I do. If you would like more information call or pm me.

Holy crap! Dude, I hope you stick around the area and our paths continue to cross. I've really begun to enjoy Vortex now that the trash has been taken out. You've done so much over there with the added classroom cabins, cleaned up the bathrooms, one hellova nice nitrox system, updated your stores inventory and just being a friendly and supportive staff to run the place for us divers! If you're out of the picture, know that you'll be missed.

Dang, seems like we're losing everyone this week.

I've enjoyed the changes too - I wish you well in whatever you find to do. Hopefully things will continue to grow and improve at Vortex.

I have no doubt that you can understand my abject astonishment!!!

What you have given us will be rewarded 10 fold, I assure you.

Dennis & Linda

Man that sucks! The first couple of times that I visited Vortex I hated it without a doubt. I went back for a 3rd time just to give it one last shot, which just happened to be a couple of months after it was purchased and you started to manage it.

Now I've been back at least 5 more times and loved every minute of every dive. Great people working there, nice dives, and great atmosphere. Shane, your a great guy all around from the few times I've met you.

I wish you the best of luck with any new adventure you take. I hope you can find something that moves you in the direction you want to go!

Shane under your expert tutelage the dump that was Vortex has been transformed into a Jewel. Your eye for improvement and desire to change the area will be sorely missed and I know where ever you land you will make that operation a successful one. Good luck Sir!

Shane,

I cannot express how saddened I am about your possible departure! You, your wife, and the staff have been so supportive us the diving community! The Fests will never been the same without you! I wish you the very best of luck and much success!

Carolyn:shark2:

Shane, sorry to hear this. Vortex has definitely changed for the better since you and Andrea took it over. It's a shame you're leaving. No matter where you go, please let us know so we can come visit!

Dang it! That stinks, Shane! I'll miss y'all...and the deer jerky! Best of luck where ever you land..and let us all know.

Holy CRAP!!! Say it aint so... This is not the news I was expecting.. You and your wife will be missed.

Back
Top Bottom