Clark Hill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have the latest report on CLark Hill.

Hey 2 Degrees,

The conditions haven't been great lately. Lake up 16' in just a couple of months combined with the Spring turnover doesn't make for good vis. The "beach" is only about 20% of what it was last Summer. However, based on Sunday's dives things are getting better. Surface water temps are in the low 70's (still in the upper 50s deep > 80'). Vis Sunday was 5-6' on the rocks down to about 20', then less for a few feet (thermocline), then 10' from about 25' - 35'. Below 40' it drops again to the 4' range down to 100'. I think the annual Spring tunrover is about done and things are improving. Hope for even better vis this weekend. Fish life is certainly picking up. We will be diving this weekend - Sat morning and Sun afternoon. I'll be teaching AOW Sunday but others will be diving. Come join us either day, but PM or call me before you come as we may hit the river Sunday if we do not get rain ( you're welcome to join us there too).

Back
Top Bottom