Alabama Bluewater Weekend 5/16/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CorallineDream

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy Folks,

I'm in town this weekend and planning on heading over to Bluewater in Pelham,AL.
I brought all my gear along but need a buddy.

Hopefully I'll see some of my old friends and/or make some new ones.
I've dove there a lot in the past so if you're new to the site I can show you around.

I'm available to dive both Saturday 5/16 & Sunday 5/17.

Respond to this thread or send me a PM and I'll send you my contact info.

I'll probably be there both days. I'll be in a silver looking GMC pickup usually parked in the space near the low flat gear table. I'm a rookie diver but enjoy diving and will dive with just about anybody. Look me up when you get there if you still need a buddy.

Gordon

Will do. I'll be driving a White Dodge Dakota ext Cab with Virginia plates.
I usually try to get there at 9am when they open.

Doc, I may actually get to see some of you this weekend. I'm not yet seeing daylight, but I've found me a finger hole to breath through.

Ken

Doc, I may actually get to see some of you this weekend. I'm not yet seeing daylight, but I've found me a finger hole to breath through.

Ken

Kenny, that would be great!:D I think the last time we actually got to dive together we were surrounded by angels in bikinis. I hope it works out so you can come. Shoot me a text closer to the weekend and let me know. I'll even spring for pizza for lunch.

Gordon

Ken

I'll be there Saturday only this weekend...hope we can meet up for a dive or two! :blinking:

Doc, I misread the calendar dates. Not sure what kinda of brain fart I had, but this is my work weekend. Grrr, I am however trying to plan a simple day of diving the next weekend maybe.

To the OP, make a good attempt to meet up with the above divers. They will treat you to a good day of diving.

Ken

Hey guys,

I dove ABWA yesterday and wanted to give you a heads up on conditions. It was our first dive of the season so we kept it pretty shallow and short.

Dive #1 at the Pipes
Depth 39 feet
Temp 68 deg
Time 38 minutes
Vis 8-10 ft

Dive #2 at the Firetrucks
Depth 47 feet
Temp 61 deg
Time 28 minutes
Vis 3-5 feet

(And yes I know I my second dive was deeper...didn't plan it that way, it just happened.)

The visibility is the worst I've seen at ABWA. Granted I've only been diving it a couple of years, but I guess I've been spoiled to its typical clarity. It was a "skip out of work" dive for me so it still beat working.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom