Shark Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ed3362

Reaction score
Is it dangerous to go to a shark dive that is part of a dive led group? How about FIJI shark diving, my wife isn't sure whether to pass or go for a once in a lifeyime experience.
Newbie Ed

I did a shark dive with Stuart Coves in New Providence. GREAT experience. Do not miss it. I wouldn't say I felt totally "safe" with 12-15 eight foot reef sharks swirling around but that it is what made it an unforgettable experience.

Thanks for the reply, I posted 5 different items and you are the only response on any of them. :wacko:

I have done several shark dives both in Tahiti and Roatan, Honduras. I have always been fascinated by sharks so it was a dream come true, I felt safe at all times and it was a very memorable experience-I would not hesitate in saying GO FOR IT-YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!
The sharks really have no interest in people-just the food they have!:)

I've done the reef shark feeding dives on Grand Bahama and New Providience and they were both lots of fun and seemingly safe. On the swim along with the shark dives, you don't have to worry, but on the feedings you have to remember to keep your hands down so they don't think you're trying to feed them.

Took my daughter diving in the Bahamas for high school graduation present. We went on a shark dive with Stuart Coves and had a great time. It was no different swimming with the sharks than with any of the other fish.

Drewpy---Tell me more about your shark diving in Roatan!!! I am going to Roatan in August and would like to do something like this. Please give me all the info:)

Thanks,
BigL

We went with an outfit called Waihuka(sp)? near the airport.First class operation and really nice and fast dive boat-It is run by a group of Italian guys from Naples-(go figure?)It is well organized and the briefing was very detailed.The site was in open ocean on a sea-mount about 2-3 mi offshore ,depth about 70ft or so-great vis and tons of life,lots more than the reefs around CCV.The sharks were carribean reef sharks and there were about 12-15 of them, some well over 8ft!
Cost was about 70.00 us and they video the dive if you want to purchase the tape (about 35.00$)
I dont know where you are staying but Im sure the resort can arrange it for you-CCV did all the legwork and made transportation arrgmnts for us-a great dive,it was our last of 20dives and the highlight of a great week!
PM me if you need some more info?
ENJOY!:)

Back
Top Bottom