Oyster Island, Vanuatu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SunnyM

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

On the advice of a mate on here I've joined the board, as I've recently become one of the new marketing managers for Oyster Island Resort, Santo, in Vanuatu. It's a truly amazing place with so much to do, not least the President SS Coolidge (largest accessible wreck in the world) and Million Dollar Point here on Santo!!

We're doing a bit of a promo until the end of May, for 50% off accomodation for family and friends who come visit Oyster Island between now and 15 June 2009. Please note this offer is not available through any other avenue nor directly via our website, please email me directly and quote this offer. There really is some incredible clarity and diving out here!!

Please check out our website for further info on accomodation or just drop me a message and will do my best to help! I can direct you for flights etc - only Air Vanuatu flies into Santo, or you can fly Virgin Blue into Port Vila and then catch an Air Vanuatu flight. Either way drop me a message and happy to answer any questions, and would love to get some more visitors out here!

Take care,
Sunny (yes my real name!)

Last edited:
Oyster Island in Santo? never heard of it before - how long have you been operating and what sort of dive facilities do you have?

btw, are there still direct flights from Brisbane to Santo??

cheers

Oyster Island in Santo? never heard of it before - how long have you been operating and what sort of dive facilities do you have?

btw, are there still direct flights from Brisbane to Santo??

cheers
Hi there,

Yes, Oyster Island is a 25 hectare island about 150m off the mainland Santo, a 20 minute drive from Luganville. As the island is privately owned we are the only resort (9 bungalows), it really is tropical paradise here. We don't have our own dive operation, but we refer to Aquamarine in Santo as they are a very responsible dive outfit who've been going for years. Santo is a huge attraction for divers - but they are often lured by the other adventure activities (Millenium Caves, Kayak/canoe to the Blue Holes direct from Oyster Island, various genuinely local tours to villages, the list goes on and on).

Yes there are still direct flights from Brisbane to Santo on Air Vanuatu, the direct flights go from Brisbane to Santo on Fridays, and from Santo to Brisbane on Mondays (perfect for a long weekend or making the most of both weekends to get a 10 day holiday!).

Hi there,

Yes, Oyster Island is a 25 hectare island about 150m off the mainland Santo, a 20 minute drive from Luganville. As the island is privately owned we are the only resort (9 bungalows), it really is tropical paradise here. We don't have our own dive operation, but we refer to Aquamarine in Santo as they are a very responsible dive outfit who've been going for years. Santo is a huge attraction for divers - but they are often lured by the other adventure activities (Millenium Caves, Kayak/canoe to the Blue Holes direct from Oyster Island, various genuinely local tours to villages, the list goes on and on).

Yes there are still direct flights from Brisbane to Santo on Air Vanuatu, the direct flights go from Brisbane to Santo on Fridays, and from Santo to Brisbane on Mondays (perfect for a long weekend or making the most of both weekends to get a 10 day holiday!).
PS if you have any other questions please let me know!

nice to see you Sunny and good luck with the resort! Aquamarine has been our choice of dive op in Santo so good to see your affiliated with them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom