Memorial Day Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Is there any diving events or groups that will be diving on Memorial Day weekend? My girlfriend adn I are doing our checkout dives this weekend and our gear should show up next week and we want to go dive somewhere. I got certified in 1998 and it had been about 8 years since I had dove so when she decided she wanted to dive I just took the entire class again. Anyway please let us know of anything going on. We live in Albany, GA but don't mind traveling 3-4 hours and would like to camp out as well!!! Thanks in advance

You might think about Vortex Springs and Campground. This is a great place to get wet and get some dives under your belt and "Tweak your new gear" and has cabins to rent or camp sites. It's maybe a bit further than what you wanted to drive but it's well worth the drive.

Vortex Spring: a Florida Treasure

We will have Madison Quarry open all weekend and Monday for Memorial Day.

Vets, Active Duty military, and dependents get in for $15 on Memorial Day. No camping but plenty of motels within 5 minutes of the quarry.

Better Diver Madison Quarry

Thank you for the replies! We were at Vortex this weekend, we actually just got done washing all our gear! It was nice Saturday was very crowded, and it rained pretty good in the afternoon. We still did 3 dives Saturday and 2 dives this morning, it started raining while we were under so that was cool to watch!

Is there any diving events or groups that will be diving on Memorial Day weekend? My girlfriend adn I are doing our checkout dives this weekend and our gear should show up next week and we want to go dive somewhere. I got certified in 1998 and it had been about 8 years since I had dove so when she decided she wanted to dive I just took the entire class again. Anyway please let us know of anything going on. We live in Albany, GA but don't mind traveling 3-4 hours and would like to camp out as well!!! Thanks in advance

I'll be finishing up some open water students in Pensacola and you're welcome to come down and dive with the class. Depending on the weather, we'll be at either Vortex, Navarre Pier or Fort Pickens (if the road's open by then).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom