LP vs HP Regulator ports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neil287x

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
whats the difference? i was looking to purchase some regulator port plugs but i wasnt sure if their was a difference when purchasing plugs?? thanks

Size is the difference. A low pressure port is smaller than the high pressure port, so the HP plug will be larger than your LP plug. Otherwise, the plugs are similar in materials and thickness, and O-rings are the same thickness.

Every LDS I've been in has port plugs of all sizes by the bucket, and will give them away to you if you ask.

All the best, James

whats the difference? i was looking to purchase some regulator port plugs but i wasnt sure if their was a difference when purchasing plugs?? thanks

Depends on the reg. Most (all?) new regs I've seen use a different size for HP and LP so you need to buy the right plug.

Some older regs used the same size for both, so besides getting the right size plug, you need to make sure you're putting the hoses in the right place.

Terry

fdog.. you can give me some port plugs??

well i have a dacor 360 reg

does anyone know what size ports are on a dacor 360?

fdog.. you can give me some port plugs??

Sure. PM me your address, and as long as it's in the USA - I'll throw some in an envelope for ya. I'm pretty sure the LP plugs are still same, but I'm also pretty sure the HP port may be different.

<shrugs> It's just a stamp.

All the best, James

<shrugs> It's just a stamp.

Padded Envelope cost 30¢
First Class Postage 81¢

$1.11 for a plug. Stop the insanity. :wink:

As was stated earlier, they're free at most LDS- if you can still find one.

Hmmm, I have a Yugo trunk full of them. EBay? I'll sell 'em for a buck and lose 11¢ on each one, but I'll make it up in volume. Yeah, that's it.

Neil I noticed your other post. I apologize for that paperweight comment as I didn't realize you are presently diving with that regulator.

Most ports will be standard size so ask for a HP or LP port plug. Otherwise all hoses would be different and we'd all be in a mess.

Let me now ask. Do you have a shop out there can can still get parts for the Dacor 360 reg to service it fully ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom