3/8" to 1/2" HP port adaptor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an old Sherwood Brut (circa 1984) and the SPG has finally died. However, the first stage is "old style" with a conventional 3/8" HP port (before they changed sizes as standard for the HP port), and no one seems to sell SPGs which plug into 3/8" ports any more.

Does anyone have any clever suggestions for where I might be able to source an adaptor?

You have several ways of going about this, the easiest way is to simply use the old hose on the new SPG (assuming it's still good). The next best but more expensive way is to buy a new 3/8 hose. Trident still makes and sells them, pretty much any dive shop can order them for you...if they will is another matter. Then sell the 7/16 one to get a little of your cash back if you have no need for it. Finally, the next best option is to use a 3/8 to 7/16 adapter. A lot of places sell them, your LDS can order them from Trident or here is a link to Vintage Double Hose, Brian has them. Pressure Gauge Adaptor [3/8-7/16 adaptor] - $12.00 : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving By the way, VDH is a very well respected company amoung the Vintage community, no problems ordering from him.

Also, please note that the new HP ports are 7/16 not 1/2. There are a few 1/2 ports around but all that I have seen are LP not HP ports.

Back
Top Bottom