Ticks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ticks? While diving or setting up in the bushes?

For every uphill there is a down hill, and for every down hill, an up hill.

So sayeth . . .

the K

so, these ticks, what's their MOD?

Local diving (finally!) Water temp around 46F, vis about 10 feet, 14 mm neoprene.

Lovering Lake won't be a diving vacation destination any time soon. :no:

The ticks aren't in the water, but they invade you on the way to the cars (thru the long grass) and when you get to your clothes, they have taken residence there.

The buggers are so sneaky. I was chucking them out of the car for the hour drive home, and probably had 12 more hiding in my gear when I got home.

For anyone that isn't familiar with ticks, you can't kill them by squishing them - they're too tough. Then they bite into you (painlessly) and hold on!!! Tweezers are the only way to get rid of them once they bite in.

I'm glad I went, though. Crayfish mating season - they were fighting like crazy.

Nassssssty tickses. We hates them, we do. [/Gollum mode]

It's a constant battle around here to keep them off the dogs. I'm just about to the point of taking everything out of the back yard, and scorching every square inch of the ground with a propane torch to kill them and their eggs.

Back
Top Bottom