PADI Instructors - Medic First Aid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
For those PADI instructors who have not crossed over to Emergency First Response yet there is another option.

PADI would like you to believe that EFR is your only option. Medic First Aid is offering a $40 cross-over to their program. This includes your instructor manual, and videos. BE ADVISED, this is NOT the same 15 year old Medic First Aid program you were teaching through PADI. As I found out after doing some research, Medic First Aid (the company) has upgraded their program twice since licensing the program to PADI. The new program, or version 5 as they call it, is truely a quality program. Personally, I think it is better than EFR. It also allows more flexibility with add-on options such as a Pediatric module, infant/child module, Sports Medicine Module, and a BLSPRO Module. There are also no restrictions as to who you can market it to. I know there are no restrictions with EFR, but as I found out MFA is already pretty popular with general industry.

The best difference between EFR and MFA is cost per student. If you add up all the required materials for the Emergency First Response course, textbook, cert. costs, etc, it comes up around $30. With MFA, all the needed materials for the Basic course with AED is $10 per student. You do the math on the profit you could make.

Check out their website. www.medicfirstaid.com

If you decide you are interested and would like more info, call them and ask for Marta in the new business department. Tell her you are a PADI instructor and she will help you from there.

****Please note**** I am in no way affiliated, other than being an instructor, with Medic First Aid. I am just a longtime PADI instructor that is fed-up with PADI's mis-information. I found a good deal for a quality program and I am trying to pass it along to you, my peers.

That is EXCELLENT info, Cmay.

BTW, don't forget that there are other costs to consider when doing a 1st aid/CPR course, such as:

- the actual AED simulator
- CPR mannikin(s) and whatever consumables they require
- personal consumables like alcohol wipes, latex gloves, face/mouth shields
- space where you actually DO the course
- advertising and/or marketing

Did I miss anything?

~SubMariner~

Thanks Submariner,

I am aware of the other costs. I was just trying to compare the per student materials and certification costs between the two programs. You have much more room for all those other costs with MFA.

I just completed the EFR instructor course, and yes the student material can seem expensive. When you see the quality and what the student gets for their money it's reasonable.

EFR will be adding several new modules in the near future.

I do agree that the EFR materials are superior to what PADI was offering under the MFA banner.

However, having not seen what the new MFA materials look like, I can't compare EFR to MFA.

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom