Semi-dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I-cap-I

Registered
Reaction score
Question. If you pee in a semi-dry, does it flush through like with a wetsuit, or does it stay in and fester?

I am sure that we all know there are two types of diver - those who pee in thire wetsuit, and those who deny it.

Anyway, thinking of buying a semi-dry, but have a weak bladder and drink lots of water.

Wadda ya fink?

Bursting:D

It stays in,you have to break the seal at the neck and try to flush it out. Dont ask how I know this.:)

:shocked2: No wonder they are supposed to be much warmer. Toasty :eyebrow:

yeah, just make sure you flush the suit BEFORE getting on the boat/on shore. . . and have a change of shorts ready for the drive home . . .

OR

Put a catheter in your semi-dry :popcorn:

No way. The seals and zipper on my 7mm semi-dry are as good as a dry suit. There's no way I can flush. The only way I can even "burp" the suit to get excess air out is to hold my arm above my head and really twist the wrist so as to wrinkle the seals and let the air trickle out in a fine stream.

No way. The seals and zipper on my 7mm semi-dry are as good as a dry suit. There's no way I can flush. The only way I can even "burp" the suit to get excess air out is to hold my arm above my head and really twist the wrist so as to wrinkle the seals and let the air trickle out in a fine stream.

flush it just like burping, only in reverse, open the neck seal allow water in, then as you exit the water, undo the ankle seals/"burp" them and wala a bit of a flush :D

It doesn't flush very well,I have too pull open the neck seal and scoop some water in,I think it just dilutes it more than anything,I try not to pee unless I absolutely have too.

:crazyeye:Starting to sound like a wetsuit is the jobby for me then since I am a bit of a piss pot

Four words: drysuit with p-valve.

Your life will become better. Now I can drink as much water as I want...if they ever come up with a "dump valve" I might never get out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom