Ft. Pickens Road Opens Friday, May 22!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone,

I was just reading the Pensacola News Journal and Ft. Pickens Road is opening back up on Friday, May 22nd. I have been away from diving way too long and look forward to getting up with some of you to check it out sometime after Memorial Day. Here is the link to the acticle Fort Pickens Road set to open Friday | pnj.com | Pensacola News Journal

I'm looking forward to getting back over there too, but definately after this weekend. I like my cornhole too much to go check it out on this holiday.

wonder if the crowd will be on that part of the beach tho? i thought they stayed on the main beaches

The beach crowds will probably stay on the Pensacola Beach area...the problem will be getting over the bridge and through the traffic to even get to the Ft. Pickens road. The area will be crowded...I doubt Ft. Pickens itself will be. But, there may be a lot of people sight seeing the first weekend, just like they were the first week the Navarre/Pensacola Beach stretch was when it was re-opened a few months ago.

wonder if the crowd will be on that part of the beach tho? i thought they stayed on the main beaches

I'm looking forward to getting back over there too, but definately after this weekend. I like my cornhole too much to go check it out on this holiday.

We could always get GLENFWB to wear his multi-color dive suit and throw him to the "wolves" while we ran for the water :wink:.

Okay...I see how it is. Rumor has it that Bugman has a wetsuit that zips ALL the way down in the back...I was wondering why he calls it his Memorial Wetsuit????

We could always get GLENFWB to wear his multi-color dive suit and throw him to the "wolves" while we ran for the water :wink:.

we could always get a manikin(dummy) dressed up and put at least 100 yds away as bait, that would give us time to run to the water. but if it fails, i go with the "throwin glen to the wolves" idea

Okay...I see how it is. Rumor has it that Bugman has a wetsuit that zips ALL the way down in the back...I was wondering why he calls it his Memorial Wetsuit????

Thats only so I can poop mid-dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom