Dive shop recommendations in Sharm area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver52009

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My dive buddy and I are fairly experienced divers and are looking for a dive shop in Sharm (or rather closer to Naama Bay area) which does not cater mainly to novice divers or dive training. While doing our reserach we've noticed that a lot of them tend to do just that. Nothing wrong with that of course, but we would like to do several dives in Ras and Tiran and not be stuck on a boat with snorkellers or novice divers, which would dictate choice of sites , number of dives and dive profiles. Since Ras and Tiran seem quite a ride for day boats, we would like to do 3 dives at those sites and have noticed not many operators want to commit to that (perhaps because they load the boats with newbies, or is it really that far?). Any recommendations for a decent dive shop for us? Thanks!

Ras Mohamed is a one hour boat ride. Tiran is one to two hours, depending on the jetty you sail from.

Most operators can do three dives per day. However, sometimes the third dive is not as good due to time schedule (lunch, mooring, back to the jetty before sunset, etc...). So unless you're coming during summer (long day), I don't recommend doing a third dive.

I have worked for Emperor Divers in Sharm. 3+ boats nearly each day one going to Rasmo, one to Tiran and one local. At peak times more than 3 boats running.
On day one you are most locally on the local boat, then you can choose.
If you go to Tiran or Rasmo the 3rd dive will actually be local because of distance and jetty time

I was recently in Sharm.... diving the Tiran islands was good... check out Thomas reef and Laguna reef... I was with a dive op called Orbit divers.. they were average.. dive times were a little short (in my opinion)... next time i am going out there i am going to go with Camel Dive..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom