Rash Guard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've snorkeled lots in the tropics, but plan my first tropical dives in Panama. What is a Rash Guard for? Do you wear a top and also bottom to protect the legs? Who out there dives with just T shirt and trunks? Other than mistakingly bumping fire coral, etc., what's in the water you need protection from that's not at the surface when snorkeling? Jellies usually are closer to the surface, no?

Last edited:
rash guard instead of t-shirt.

just used to prevent rubbing/getting sunburnt all to ****

Same out here. Out water is in the 80's and a rash guard prevents chafing from a BC and provides sun protection. We seldom see jellies, and anything else you can usually just avoid.

When diving in 80 plus degree water i will wear nothing but a rash guard and swim trunks. In this case it is to keep the BCD from rubbing me raw in places.

If i am wearing a wet suit i still wear my rash guard under it as well. for as stated earlier,just a bit touch of added warmth. Plus on the surface i can pull you wetsuit down and not have the ladies attack me over my manly chest:rofl3:

Ditto on sun and rubbing. I always wear a full set of skins.

I use a full skin if the water is warm enough... If I wear my skin under my wetsuit, it also makes it a little easier to don. And it seems to provide a little extra thermal protection, but not much extra.... just enough to notice.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom