And I need a buddy who is better than me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

el_guapo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Fresh out of OW, still a little salty behind the ears. I know about the buddy matrix already, and that looks like a good resource once I have some of my own dives logged.

But... I feel apprehensive about contacting experienced divers as a new diver. You are all a generally friendly lot... but I do see myself as "The New Guy."

Suggestions on who to contact/where to find divers who are willing to work with me?

Fresh out of OW, still a little salty behind the ears. I know about the buddy matrix already, and that looks like a good resource once I have some of my own dives logged.

But... I feel apprehensive about contacting experienced divers as a new diver. You are all a generally friendly lot... but I do see myself as "The New Guy."

Suggestions on who to contact/where to find divers who are willing to work with me?

Everybody was new once. Ask anybody you want!

If they don't want to dive with you because you're new, you probably don't want to dive with them anyway.

Terry

What Web Monkey said.

Bring your sorry butt to Georgia and I'll dive with ya anytime!

And "WELCOME" to ScubaBoard.

The Kraken

Local dive clubs are a great way to meet other divers in your area. They're a great way to meet people who are experienced and know the dive sites around your area. Most of the people I have met through dive clubs are helpful and willing to dive with people less experienced than themselves.

...what they said...

You can dive with me anytime you want...

Head over to the Norcal board and be active in posting and reading. If you make a post saying that you'd like to meet up for some diving you'll probably find someone.

We care that you are new to the extent that we wouldn't take ya to some of the harder sites. But a lot of us are still willing to go to Breakwater.

See, Chris !!!

That's what ScubaBoard is all about !!!

Go and tell others.

The Kraken

Heck come freeze your arse up in the river..I will dive with ya....and we can check out some wrecks along the way. Ship wrecks...not the ...never mind.
Cheers!

Thanks y'all!

BTW I lived in Michigan most of my life. As exciting as diving the wrecks sounds, I'd like to keep my extremities intact... Don't want them to shrivel and fall off in the cold. I'm a biiiig sissy =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom