What are the most luxurious ships leaving Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tovster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Because this is the dive vacation of a lifetime, I am looking for luxury liveaboards departing Sharm. I am an American visiting Israel and I prefer not to have to fly to the destiniation because I am luggin heavy, expensive underwater photographic euipment and I don't want have to deal with hastle of multiple flights to the destination. Do you have any suggestions? Are their any "5 star" liveaboards departing Sharm? Wrecks don't interest me, and I prefer destianations that are south oriented, with large fish rather than the typical nothern Sharm destinations. Does this exist?

Tovia

Last edited:
most of the liveaboards from Sharm staying in the northern red sea, if you prefer to go south you will need to go to Hurghada or Marsa Alam. There are a few very good companies around.

If you want south then its Hurghada or similar to depart - all too far from Sharm.

You can get internal flights or a ferry from Sharm. However an american passport leaving Israel is going to make you as popular with anthrax with immigration etc so moving around may be a headache.

Large fish etc id suggest the Brothers, Elphinstone, Daedlus and so on.

personnally, if you want to take pictures and see the big stuff is to go south, but you won't get a liveaboard from Sharm going that far .....

I've been on 15 liveaboards, if not more
these are the three best liveaboards that I know of, of course there are many many more
but, in my opinion these are the ones I go on in Egypt

Grand Sea Serpant
first time I did the Brothers on GSS I went out of Hurgarda
this time I'm going out of Marsa Alam to do Brother's Elphinestone, Daedalus

Emperor Elite
Marsa Alam - Brother's Elphinestone, Daedalus

Blue O Horizon
Hurgarda - Brother's Elphinestone, Daedalus

The only boat I know that does the brothers (some times) from Sharm is the MV Snapdragon
Our Boats "SNAPDRAGON"......
All the northern liveaboards to the Wreck and Reefs itinerary so if you are after the fish and you can only board from Sharm I would actually recommend you to go to a mini cruise to Tiran for 3 days and then spend the rest of time on day trips to Ras Mohammed.
Red Sea Diving with Emperor - dive resorts, liveaboards and PADI courses Those guys offer a cruise with Tiran and Thistlegorm (which is not bad) and the Dunraven ...am not a fan of this
hope this helps

Actually there are several boats doing the Brothers and / or Elphinstone itinerary from Sharm. Examples are El Wassim and Sea Queen. However, these boats require full charter and rarely do individual bookings.

So yes, your best alternative is to make an individual booking on one of Hurghada / Marsa Alam based fleets.

sorry, i got that wrong

how long does it take to sail down to Elphinestone?
would it stop on the way down

Actually there are several boats doing the Brothers and / or Elphinstone itinerary from Sharm. Examples are El Wassim and Sea Queen

i wouldn't put snapdragon or sea queen in the same 5 star class as elite or grand sea serpant
I don't know El Wassim

sorry, i got that wrong

how long does it take to sail down to Elphinestone?
would it stop on the way down

i wouldn't put snapdragon or sea queen in the same 5 star class as elite or grand sea serpant
I don't know El Wassim
It takes 10 to 12 hours. Normally the trip down is done at night with no stops.

I didn't say the Sea Queen or El Wassim are the same class as Elite or GSS! All I said is that these boats do these trips out of Sharm El Sheikh.

Maybe I was not clear enough before. The brothers are a LONG way from Sharm.
If you must leave from Sharm and can't fly to Hurghada your best chance to see some big fish is to make sure you spend some time in Tiran maybe doing some overnight

Back
Top Bottom