New PADI Instructor in da House!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coliseum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Finally got through with my IDC and passed the IE with flying colors!!!

Now I have the Certificate of Completion... When can I start teaching?

:deal:

... to you! Also, welcome to the boards! I wish you safe and happy diving!:)

Kayla:)

Congratulations. Welcome to the secret world of dive Instructors. LOL

Have a blast teaching and just remember the students will copy everything and anything you do and remember it for life wether it's good or bad.

Happy teaching.

Scott

Thanks for the nice words...

Do you guys know if I can start teaching or do I have to wait for my official certificate?

I have a Certificate of Completion of the IE, however, the paperwork from PADI will reach me in around 10 Days... Can I start teaching?

Do you guys know if I can start teaching or do I have to wait for my official certificate?

I have a Certificate of Completion of the IE, however, the paperwork from PADI will reach me in around 10 Days... Can I start teaching?

Then you can start teaching, lol

Best of luck in your new endeavor,

Darlene

coliseum once bubbled...

You can start teaching after PADI vefifies that you are in teaching status which probably means you must get insurance too.

Unless you are itching to teach immediately, I'd suggest waiting on the insurance until after the end of June. It starts a new policy year and you won't be paying huge sums of money for only one month coverage.

Way to go!

have a Certificate of Completion of the IE, however, the paperwork from PADI will reach me in around 10 Days... Can I start teaching?

You must first have liability insurance before you are in teaching status. Once you get coverage, fax the information to PADI. They will fax you back confirmation that you are in teaching status. At that point you may begin teaching.

This is what many of our IDC grads do upon completion of their IEs.

Again, congrats! :)

~SubMariner~

coliseum once bubbled...
Finally got through with my IDC and passed the IE with flying colors!!!

Now I have the Certificate of Completion... When can I start teaching?

:deal:

Congrats!!

Just remember that as Instructors we have a huge responsibility to make non-divers into not only safe but GOOD divers as well.

I believe you can start teaching once your insurance clears.

Have fun and safe diving!

Back
Top Bottom