http://www.diveheart.org/

"Strut Your Mutt" Charity Walk-athon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rollerboi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
With the charity events that pop up on here from time to time, I wanted to post my own. I'm pretty excited about this one, as it looks like a lot of fun.
smile.gif

My wife and I are going to take our service dog, Akhila, to a 1.5 mile walkathon at the end of this month. There's going to be booths and all kinds of fun events, but my real goal is to get Akhila admitted into "Buster's Backyard", a doggy VIP area where she can romp and play, as well as ashaded rest area, a doggy wading pool, some light grooming, and even "pawdicures".
smile.gif
It takes a $350 donation to make it to that level..

The whole point of it is to raise money for the charity "No More Homeless Pets In Utah," which is an organization dedicated to reducing the number of animals in shelters and going to the euthanization chambers. They have an emphasis on education, and they also operate the Spay and Neuter mobile that goes around to the different neighborhoods and performs *that* operation for a reasonable price.

I need sponsors, though. Even a small donation of $5-10 would really go a long ways towards helping us meet our goal of raising $350 for the "No More Homeless Pets In Utah" charity. At the time of this posting, we've managed to raise $255, leaving only $95 to go! We have less than a week.

Go here: The Utah Coalition for Animals - Paws for the Deaf - Service Dogs and their Owners

Thanks a bunch, folks! And thanks for looking, and caring. :)

rollerboi, we recently adopted two puppies from from a shelter that is affilated with No More Homeless Pets In Utah after our latest dog past on. Great cause. Good luck in reaching your goal. Donation sent.

Take some pictures of the walk and post'em.

Good luck with your goals.

Art

Wow, thanks! You betcha. :) We've met our goal for getting the dogs into Buster's Backyard (yay!), and are continuing to accept donations for the charity now. :)

Thank you so much, you guys. I'll be sure and make a followup post with pictures of all the fun. :) Now I have to hunt down a wheelchair for my poor, pregnant wife. :penguin:

Last edited:
First, a huge THANK YOU to those on here who helped us out!! We really appreciate it, and so does the charity who we've been collecting for.

I wanted to give this one last nudge, as Friday at noon is a (soft) deadline for donations. Any that come in after that, I'll have to print out the page and show them. We're looking forward to attending on Saturday. I've even lined up a wheelchair for my wife, who is more than 6 months pregnant. :)

As of this post, we are $44 shy of reaching the $500 milestone! If any of you are on the fence, or even considering donating at all, we would really, really appreciate it now. Thank you so much!

I will be taking pictures and uploading them to a pic hoster such as Photobucket, and will be sure to share them here as a post-event followup! :)

I'm sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. We met our fundraising goal of $500 exactly, and had a blast. True to my word, I pushed my pregnant wife in a wheelchair that we rented for the event. Both dogs had an absolute blast, although we thought it was an all day thing and some of the stuff ended before we got to it. Glad to be a part of this cause, though. Thank you to all of you who donated, and we hope to do this again next year! :)

Here is a link to the flickr account I just set up with all the pictures:
Flickr: rollerboi's Photostream

3726656501_321ecfdb2a.jpg

Aren't my feet sexy? :wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom