Tusa Platina BC for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nolediver

Reaction score
I just purchased a Tusa Platina BC for women from my LDS. Has anyone had any experience with this BC? I tried it on at the dive shop, and it felt really comfortable, but after bringing it home, I'm thinking that I should have tried on a few different brands. This is my first new BC in 15 years, and there's a lot more on the market than the last time I purchased one. Anyone out there use this BC?

nolediver

Bought that very BC for my wife about 18 months ago. She tried Seaquest Diva, Scubapro Lady Hawk and another that I don't recall. She has about 50 dives on it and loves it. As with anything it all depends on fit and they style you like. Did you tryp any back inflate BC's? Many do not like the way they fit. Myself, I prefer a jacket style such as they one you have. If you have the propery size and it fits your body type then it will be fine. Why do you feel that you should have tried others? Do you not like the fit? This is not the best BC on the market but for the price it does a nice job. We paid about half that of the LadyHawk but she did not like the fit anyway.

I would ask the same question...why do you feel you should have tried on others?

Had you asked before you purchased, I would have definately recommended trying several, including some not made just for women. Its all about getting the best for you, and we aren't all built the same.

But, seeing as you already have it, unless you have the resources to just go buy another one, or the LDS will exchange it for you, try to pin point what the problem is...maybe the LDS can help you make some adjustments to it. Or, it just may take some getting used to a new piece of gear after 15 years.

If you do decide you really to need to start again, then do some research (as you said, there are a lot on the market now) and look for "try before you buy" programs to be able to acutally dive with the gear. I have a Diva LX, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. But I tried on everything in several different dive shops before deciding.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom