Could use some feedback on my latest video [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Could use some feedback on my latest video

Sponsored Link

lemon
May 25th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Hey all,

If those of you with experience with videography could give me some feedback / critique on my latest video it would be much appreciated.

Whale Shark Diving, Placencia, Belize - May 2009 on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/4738557)

Thanks!

mobula
May 25th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Once a friend told me: "Kill your favorites" ...think about it :-) Here are just a few hints from my point of view:

1) I would edit with hard cuts from clip to clip. You don't need effects or fade into black for a smooth looking change from clip to clip. Don't cut in the middle of a scene with shaky camera.
2) Long clips especially whalesharks passing until they fade in the blue: cut it out, I mean watching 20 sec at the whalesharks tail fin is boring even it is a whaleshark. Don't repeat scenes with similar looking content, just use the better one.
3) The video would be more interesting if it is around 3-4 minutes long and also includes some shots from overwater, maybe the preparation of the dive with fast cuts and different music.
4) You could include a basic underwater sound, not the breathing itself. Something artificial.

You said feedback much appreciated ;-) Of course I am no pro and we mostly have to take what we get.
Naturally, it is a pleasure to see the whalesharks in your video. Thanks for sharing, even it is on vimeo and not on marinevideo.eu :-)

lemon
May 25th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback! That's definitely helpful. I'm learning so constructive criticism is great. Nice website, btw - I hadn't seen it before but there's some great content there!

mobula
May 26th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Your welcome! This is what forums are about.

So you can see that I am not a pro if you watch the videos from "Uli". The Amontillado resort" is not mine, I only did the uploading.

Maybe try to edit it again and compare the results....;-)

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1