Dive from hell - and I loved it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svidlano

Contributor
Reaction score
This weekend I spent diving.
Those were my first dives using a backplate. Problem was that power inflator was faulty so I had to inflate wings orally (do you say it this way?). Never the less I was able to maintain very good buoyancy even during the shallow dive.

On the second day we dove 17th century wreck at 30+ m.
Before we jumped overboard I've asked two different people to check if my tank valve was open (never did this before). I jumped in and tried to breathe water.
Hmmm, did I jump with snorkel in my mouth? No, the mouthpiece fell off.
It was not easy to put it back wearing gloves, but I did it.
During the whole dive I had trouble finding inflator hose (the day before it was tied to a shoulder strap, but not any more) and then kept it in my hand all the time. Three times did my octo get tangled.

I know that I shouldn't dive using faulty equipment but no other BC was available. Now I know what piece of equipment will I buy next.

Strange thing is - I loved every dive. I was in control, diving with backplate was so much better than with jacket. Freedom of movement, the feel was just right.

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom