Philippines dive trip washout?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWTimes

Registered
Reaction score
Flying in from the States June 6th, planning to dive Anilao, but I'm told by my Anilao connection the weather is terrible. I've seen the satellite pictures--it looks bad.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a nice macro/wide angle photography location, preferrably in the central/southern philippines?

Any help greatly appreciated.

If you are flying in from the States, then Mabul / Kapilai near Sipadan, Malaysia and the Lembeh Straights near Minado, Indonesia are both "just down the street" from the southern Phil islands (at least they are close enough for the kidnappers!). Both places have world class macro-photography diving. They both also have the advantage to being very close to places that have the big critters to. If you have flights into Manila, I believe the additional flights needed are not enormously expensive. Good luck!

Zippsy is most right, Philippines is great but so is Borneo and Indonesia esp during this time of the year; good sun, dive and the price is cheaper as compare to the past.

Unless you have no wish to visit a Muslim country. Try Thailand perhaps.

Even though Malaysia is Muslim country, but its safe. Sipadan/Mabul/Kapalai are Wonderful!! :) The dive sites are fantastic for macro-photography diving also. Can have a try.......

UW,

Got back from Puerto Galera 3 weeks ago.

I think it rained twice in the 8 days I was there. Once in the middle of the night and once during a dive so I knew nothing about it.

Even if the weather has got worse I would imagine it won't affect macro so much and I didn't know Anilao was known for WA (probably has nice sea scapes though)

For some where further south in Phil. what about Dumaguete. I haven't been but plan to go in the next couple of months.

A friend goes there regularly and yuo can take a look at her photo's from there here which makes WA look OK and here which when you think its only one roll of film makes the macro look quite tasty.

Hope you get this in time.

see Bill other peoples experience this time of the year.... just a comparison

Flying in from the States June 6th, planning to dive Anilao, but I'm told by my Anilao connection the weather is terrible. I've seen the satellite pictures--it looks bad.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a nice macro/wide angle photography location, preferrably in the central/southern philippines?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Still digging up old threads Pao? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom