M/Y Blue Fin - Simply the Best May 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krazyklaws

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Thought I'd post a quick (!) report on a recent trip with blue o two. There's a very negative report about this boat and itinery on the Red Sea forum, and while I can't comment on that trip, my own experience was very different so I thought I would share it.

I can't speak highly enough of the whole trip. In fact, I don't believe that the word "AWESOME" would be used out of turn.

Boat - Very comfortable and plenty of space given that we had almost a full house. everything was spotlessly clean, and well laid out.
Crew - Helpful, friendly and really good fun.
Food - Superb! You'd struggle to starve. Excellent meals, plenty of snacks and good variety. The desserts were a treat!

And the diving......
The two dive guides - Dray & Elke were knowledgaeble, friendly and efficient. Dive briefings were thorough and the dives tailored to the currents and conditions on the day. We usually had a choice of dive at any location depending on how energetic we were feeling and what we wanted to see. Elke is a biologist studying Oceanic Whitetips (I'll post more about her on the shark forum) and if anyone knows where to find them she does.

The highlight of the trip has to be Daedelus. A school of 12 hammerheads, two oceanic white tips surrounded by pilot fish and a thresher - all on the same dive! It didn't do my air consumption much good I can tell you! The day after, we saw yet more hammerheads and on a number of the dives along the reef wall, we returned to the boat to find up to four oceanics circling it!:D

Potential downsides were only 3 dives a day, and only two night dives (due to the marine park rules). However neither of these things were a surprise, and were very clear from the point of booking.

Oh and the flights sucked - Viking. Lousy, but hey we got there and back!

All I can say is that Simply the Best lived up to it's name!

krazyklaws,
welcome to this board.
thank you for the trip report.
my european friends tell me i gotta go to the red sea.
some day i will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom