Shipping Dive Gear to Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selachimorpha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there,

I am a diving instructor living in Sharm, I was wondering if anyone has ordered dive gear online (or anything else for that matter) and had it shipped from outside the country to Egypt? If so, did you have to pay import tax or anything like that?

Many thanks!

my brother living in Egypt had some stuff shipped by UPS from the US to Alexandria Egypt; and had to pay 12% tax (if shipped to business address will cost you more)

the % for taxes will depend a lot on the items you are ordering. If normal things that can be understood by non-divers you will get the correct treatment whether starting 5% or up to 30%... the problem always comes to parts that are not understood by the customs employees, they will refer that to the nearest thing that they know which can be in a totally different category...
If you are using UPS, fedex or any decent courrier, they will do this kind of exercise and you will just have to pay what they tell you about... if the order is via the postal service, you might need to go yourself finalize the customs.
It would be interesting to know how did that end :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom