If you have the Dive Rite Rec Wing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasean

Contributor
Reaction score
will you please send me a note?

I have a rec wing I used in the pool with my new TransPac II. Couldn't get the darn thing to dump air easily unless I was nearly vertical....Am told that the Rec Wing is supposed to have a dump valve on the outside left shoulder, perhaps intergrated with the elbow where the corrugated hose attaches.

Mine doesn't have such a dump valve. Does yours?

Could there be other issues?

Have you had difficulty dumping air unless nearly perfectly vertical?

Many thanks,

Sean

==========================

EDIT: After reading the replies, and after arriving home, I found that I do have a dump valve where I thought an elbow existed....(see below)

Many thanks All...

Sean

As long as you are in a slightly heads up position, it dumps fine using the inflator button. Note "slightly" - no need to be "heads up", just don't be "heads down". I have found that I have to hold the inflator hose up fairly high, to insure it's higher than my shoulder, and that it's not kinked or bent where the shoulder velcro strap hold it down.

My Rec Wing also has a pull dump on the inflator hose. You know you have this if, on the inflator elbow going into the bladder, you see air vent holes. Just pull hard on the hose, and it will dump. Be careful though. Note that there is another thread, that I started, that discusses the pros and cons of using the pull dump.

I don't have to nearly vertical, maybe slightly head up, to dump but I do have to roll over slightly onto my right side to get my left sholder up, then using the manual inflator button I'm able to vent air with no trouble, even with the inflator hose secured to the sholder strap on my harness.

I to have the pull dump valve on my Rec Wings. If you're missing the pull dump on your wings Sean I would be glad to exchange my valve for your elbow. I don't use my pull dump and have been looking at removing the valve and installing an elbow. The last time I looked the elbow cost about $30 so if you want to get rid of yours and install the pull dump you'll save us money and we'll both have what we want.

Scott

Have you tried using the rear dump? Are you diving in doubles?

to get to the punchline, I arrived home after work today and examined the area where the hose interfaces with the wing....

Sure enough, there *is* a dump valve there...LOL....

When I bought the wing and the TP II, no instructions arrived, and there was no manual....

Looks like I'll be fine....

Tavi: How long was the hose before you changed it? Mine is just barely long enough to see while in full gear with my mask....

Many thanks all...Guess I'll have to reevaluate it again in the water this coming Saturday.

Cheers,

Sean

I have TranspacII and Trek wings which I bought recently. I went diving this weekend and had the same problem. With the inflator hose attached to the harness strap it is difficult to dump air using the hose. I have my dump valve on the lower side of my wings. I can tell that it is almost a perfect BC but this problem bothered me throughout my dive. I will try to do something about it.
:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom