Zeagle Ranger Power Inflator Care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zagnut

Reaction score
I was cleaning my Ranger the other day and I started thinking about putting Armor All on the corrugated rubber power inflator hose to keep it pliable and supple. I figured I better ask around a little before I start putting chemicals on my BC.

Anybody got any suggestions for keeping my power inflator hose in good shape?

I wouldn't put anything on your inflator hose that you don't know for sure won't react badly with it. Realistically, if you rinse it out well and don't leave it out in the sun, I'd imagine it will probably work longer than you'll need it to, whether or not you lube it.

The other problem with putting on armor all (or anything for that matter) is that you won't be able to do the inside of the tube anyway, so I don't know if it would be all that effective.

You could use a little silicone spray on the outside of the hose... but, I would only use a little bit, dont load it on.

It doesnt really need much maintenance. The inside of the BC is more important, i.e.: rinsing the salt water out of it.

My inflator on ranger has been problematic for the last couple of years. The O-ring keeps slipping out of the LP connection and bubbles come out of it. I switched to the Octo inflator and have not had the problem. I never thought about using armour all on it but if armour all is petroleum it will eventually damage anything rubber... not good. I think those BC conditioners are supposed to have things that treat rubber in them. maybe a soak in some of that after every dive would be better?!?

I bought a backplate and wings a year ago and have not worn ranger since....

Back
Top Bottom