Great Barrier Reef---Protected

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats Jep, you are the fourtyth...I mean first person to post that.

I'm glad that they are preserving the reef, I really wanted to get there before it was too far damaged and now I don't need to rush things quite as much.

It's about time the GBR was protected from fishing. However what will the Australian government do about the pollution from fertilizer runoff and urban development? The first is pervasive as well and the agricultural developmenbt appears to be important in the country's economy. The Aussies I spoke with while I was there doubted that much would or could be done re: that issue.

Dive the Coral Sea instead is what my Aussie diver friends told me.

Dr. Bill

Diving in the Coral Sea is absolutely fantastic - but I think "as well as" diving the GBR, rather than "instead of" is better advice :)

Could hardly disagree with you on diving both. If I'd had enough time in Cairns, I would have done just that!

Although somewhat disappointing, the GBR was still very much worth diving. Just wish I'd brought my camera.

Dr. Bill

lucky enough to get a few return trips - enough to do two Coral Sea trips, the odd day dive from Cairns on GBR, and also a sail boat liveaboard from the Whitsundays - and it was none of it bad!

Sure miss it now I'm back in temperate climes. I have every intention of doing some diving in the UK.... but somehow I haven't got round to it yet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom