What dive boat would you use to dive the Yukon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My wife and I intend to dive the Yukon in San Diego this summer. I'd love to hear about which dive boats you've had experiece with. Please let me know the good and the bad.

Thanks

Best boat IMHO is the Lois Ann out of San Diego. They pump nitrox and are not adverse to divers with doubles and trimix. If you need a tank they will supply steel 80's and have a few 95's. They also provide soft weight belsts and have some hard ones too for those that gotta have hard.

check 'em out at http://www.loisann.com/

je

My vote is for the Lois Ann, especially as they have nitrox onboard. I've also dived with the Blue Escape, and would love to recommend them, but they mucked me around too much cancelling charters I'd flown down from San Francisco for, even though the circumstances were (mostly) beyond their control. They can pump nitrox onshore, and you can switch tanks onboard.

The Lois Ann is where I got my infamous SAPS (Scuba-divers Against Pink S**t) t-shirt :)

Lois Ann is the way to go. If I were you, I would also take the Lois Ann out to the Cornorado Islands (4 Tank Dive). That is a great trip and in my opinion much better than the Yukon.

All our shop uses is the Lois Ann for the Yukon.

Otter

Ditto the "Lois Ann".

Unfortunately Woody ran out of the SDAPS t-shirts and said he wasn't planning on printing up any more.

Thank you. I've looked over the site and they seem like a great group to go out with. Appreciate the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom