Blackbeard's Nassau Trip June 13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laurelgsc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have just signed up for the June 13 Blackbeard's Trip out of Nassau. I have been on 2 other trips, 1 solo so I know the routine. I was just wondering if anyone else was going on that trip. I have had a blast every time I have gone. I am looking forward to the trip. :D

I'll see you at the dock. I am heading down with a buddy. We are both from Toronto.

Just got a new Suunto D9 so looking forward to testing it out.

Dive! Dive! Dive!

Excellent, I'll see you there. Looking forward to the trip. Anyone who has been on this trip have any feedback?

This is the first time this particular trip has been run with Blackbeard. I have signed up for the Aug 29th trip out of nassau with Blackbeard. This is a new itinerary for them, they usually run out of Freeport so when you get back, please post a review, be sure to include dive sites, islands visited and that sort of thing so those of us going later may read it. Look foward to seeing your review.

Mike

They should know the artea pretty good as their sister company runs out of Nassau.

I would imagine Greyson will captain this one as he is there most experianced. That is if he is still with them. I think he is though.

I did Hogsty with them last year and that was amazing. In fact the only reason I am doing BB again is due to the new Nassau itinerary.

Freeport is a pita for me to get too and I have done it 2 or 3 times already.

I agree Freeport used to be really easy to get to from Atlanta, but then Airtran stopped flying there. Now it's really expensive. I have done Blackbeard's from Freeport 2x and wanted something different. I wanted to do the Hogsty trip, but the dates didn't work, I'm a teacher and we'll be back in school. I have been on the Morning Star before and had a great time. I will post a trip report when I get back. :D

Me & my guy will be on Blackbeard's out of Freeport June 13... our first time on Blackbeard's and first time in the Bahamas.

I didn't realize how many boats Blackbeard's actually had.

I look forward to meeting you. Hopefully you'll have as much fun on your first trip as I did. See ya'll Saturday!

severe weather in Memphis on Friday nite prevented Delta's plane from coming in, so our 6am flight out was cancelled. Delta's only offered alternative would put us in Freeport SUNDAY instead of Saturday.

the weather knocked out power, telephone lines and cell towers. satellite and cable were only intermittant so communicating with the airlines was frustrating as after about 3 minutes, the phone would cut out and you cannot make adjustments online.

we could not get thru to anyone at Blackbeard's but had a quick moment Saturday morning to send an e-mail explaining the lack of phones and the intermittant internet services. we did not hear anything until late Saturday evening.

Delta told us we could get refunded on our airfare IF we cancelled the alternative flight by 5pm, so since we had not heard from Blackbeard's (we were hoping for an e-mail response, but i guess the office is closed on weekends), we did just that. THEN we got the phone call finally from Blackbeard's dock that they were looking for us. we explained to the guy at the dock what happened and said we didnt want a refund, but a rain check. he said that would have to go thru the office.

we talked with the office monday and they told us the "poor captain waited in Freeport until Sunday" for us....?? i'm not sure why when we talked with the guy from the dock.. but anyway.. ??

and Blackbeard's policy is no refund or raincheck which is why they urge people to buy trip insurance. they will let us do a stand-by where we call them 2 weeks before a weekend trip and see if they have any open beds. if they do, we can then be put on the list and book our flights. but with Wayne's work schedule on the rig, we went thru the schedule and the first possible available time is the weekend of Oct 3. they have four beds available for that trip, but they will not put us in until Sept 25. if we call on Sept 25 and there is still room, we can have it.

i thought Dive Assure covered the trip protection but it only covers for trips cancelled due to medical situations or "named" weather storms.

i'm not real pleased but what can i say? we thought we were covered. shame on us. i understand it was not Blackbeard's fault and they made their no-refund policy clear up front, but i don't understand why they wouldnt be willing to put us down as "confirmed" instead of making us do stand-by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom