Thumbwheels for backplates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adm3745

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

Recently I've been machining some Stainless steel thumbwheels for retaining tank bands or an STA to a backplate for my LDS. I have several pairs available for
$20.00/pair.
They are made of 316 Stainless, have a 1.5" Diameter and weigh about 3 ounces each. They fit the 5/16" bolts. I personally think these are a huge improvement over wingnuts. If anyone is interested I can post some pictures of them or provide more information. Thanks for looking.

I'm interested. Show some pictures. How much?

$20.00 per pair. I'll post some pics this evening.

Sorry, my camera is broken. A friend is bringing his over in the morning so I can put the pics up for real.

Heres a few pictures:

Attachments

• 100_1378.jpg
    100_1378.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 280
  • 100_1381.jpg
    100_1381.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 100_1382.jpg
    100_1382.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 215
For what its worth, These are very well made. I have been using a pair of these made from bronze for several years. When the source ran dry and Adam let it slip he worked in a machine shop, viola, he was able to duplicate the thumbwheel perfectly. If you dis-assemble your plate from your sta or doubles often, this is the way to go.

Nice job Adam, now go make that other slick idea we're working on. You sell a few of them as well I would suspect. I will try to grab a pick of these on my rig today at the store for you.

Schott

looks good :)
... I like the one with the finer knurling, I think it would be easier to turn after getting a little wear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom