Manufacturer Warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mRNA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi guys,

I need your opinion and advise on this issue:

I found Pro QD i3 BCD + Legend LX Reg + Airsource 3 + Cobra Computer with approximately 5,000 Australian Dollar.

Same package through Aqua Lung in the States about 2400 USD.

The issue is, here in Australia they give life time spare parts for the regs.
So, annually you'll maintain your regs with 100 AUD maintenance + 150 AUD spare parts, because you buy it from Australia then you don't have to pay for the parts.

I'm leaving Australia in 4 or 5 years so does it really matter if I buy it from here or cheaper from the States? Specially that I'm not US or Aussie and when I get back home I will lose the Australian warranty, although I'm paying so much if I buy it from Australia.

I need your opinion shall I buy the stuff directly from Aqua Lung and they send it to me or; instead, buy it from Australia.

Thanks a lot

is what is important for your warranty. No matter where you buy as long as you bought from a Aqualung dealer in store you would be covered. As a new Aqua Lung dealer I have to be honest and say that I have never had any one buy Aqua Lung and move to another coountry. ZRegistration can be done in store online so I believe you would be good to go. I will call Aqua Lung USA and ask about this and get back to you.

Also don't forget Aqualung is running some pretty sweet "in store" deals right now

thaaaanx

Yah, I'm really thinking seriously to buy everything through the internet from USA. It's much much much much cheaper than here.

Man the airsource III is 230 USD whereas 700 AUD.

Please get back to me if you get the answer.

really thanks heaps

IMO the parts for life is a trivial amount compared to the potential cost savings. I think AL only recomends an overhaul on years 2 and 4, inspections on 1 and 3. So in the end the cost is not all that much.

I use Mares regulator and they also have a free parts for life, but you don't have to purchase from authorized dealers. All you have to do is mail in the card and get the regs serviced yearly by an authorized dealer (local or internet). That said, I have never used it. I keep them clean, treat them gently and get them serviced every 2-3 years. When they do get serviced, I spend $10-20 on parts, BFD.

I would however consider the PITA factor if you have a major problem. Although the on-line dealers will probably cover you under their warrenty and make things right, the shipping cost and time delays could be signficant. So the cost savings does come with a small added risk.

thanx alot guys.

well, i've talked to aqua lung in USA and they said, they can't sell the stuff off the internet because i've to buy them from a dealer.

I then found an aqua lung dealer in Boston and he said, we can't send u the stuff ourselves because it's a violation to the term with aqua lung as an official dealer.

the only option i've got is to send someone to buy the stuff from any US store and then send it to me!!!!!

Taken directly from the aqualung website. P.S It was me you spoke to this morning and hopefully we can help.

Please be aware that not every business that advertises and sells Aqua Lung branded products is an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer. Retailers that offer to sell and ship Aqua Lung or affiliate branded life support products by mail in response to mail, telephone, or Internet orders ARE NOT AUTHORIZED AQUA LUNG AMERICA DEALERS.

If you purchase Aqua Lung or affiliate branded life support products by mail, telephone order, or electronically, you are purchasing from a non-authorized dealer and your products will not be covered by Aqua Lung America warranties. Aqua Lung America has not authorized any exceptions to the "in-store" sales policy.

When you buy Aqua Lung life support products from your authorized Aqua Lung dealer you are buying from trained professionals who can instruct you on the proper and safe use of your equipment. You also receive the Aqua Lung America factory warranties plus a guarantee of customer satisfaction.

Unauthorized retailers offering Aqua Lung Scuba products acquire those products through unknown sources. Products purchased through unauthorized retailers are considered third party sales and are not eligible for Aqua Lung warranty protection, service, or support.

Aqua Lung cannot guarantee in any way the condition of the product you receive through these unauthorized retailers or guarantee:
• The product is in fact an Aqua Lung product
• The product contains all original and current Aqua Lung factory parts.
• The product meets all original Aqua Lung factory specifications.

If you require warranty or non-warranty service on any Aqua Lung or affiliate branded product not purchased through an authorized Aqua Lung Dealer, you may be refused service by an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer or may incur additional service charges.

Please note that non-factory authorized service or repair facilities:
• Do not have access to authorized Aqua Lung parts
• Do not have access to the latest technical bulletins
• Are not trained by Aqua Lung on proper service procedures for Aqua Lung or affiliate branded life support equipment.

As a means of protecting yourself, please contact Aqua Lung America if you have any questions about whether a retailer is an authorized and credible Aqua Lung Dealer, call (760) 597-5000.

thanx alot guys.

well, i've talked to aqua lung in USA and they said, they can't sell the stuff off the internet because i've to buy them from a dealer.

I then found an aqua lung dealer in Boston and he said, we can't send u the stuff ourselves because it's a violation to the term with aqua lung as an official dealer.

the only option i've got is to send someone to buy the stuff from any US store and then send it to me!!!!!

Actually you have the option of ordering from numerous on-line retailers. They are legitimate and reputable businesses which buy via back channels, but they are NOT authorized dealers. Leisure Pro is often mentioned often, there are many others. You loose the manufactures warrenties in some cases (such a Aqualung or ScubaPro) and have to trust the retailer to cover you through their warrenty. It is a risk, but a reasonable risk for many.

Last edited:
Thanx alot guys.

I prefer to take the risk of buying some stuff with really cheap price rather than paying extra 2000 dollar of having stuff won't be damaged for couple of years.

Also, it is unfair BECAUSE the aussie stores are selling these products for very very very expensive price. The package from USA will cost only 1300 USD whereas in australia it costs more 3800 australian dollar. THATS TOO MUCH TO PAY, although this store is a dealer.

Aqua Lung in USA should protect the customer by adding some extra policies of not elevating the cost in such a way, it's really painful when you see people enjoying high quality equipment for cheap prices whilst others are paying double and triple the amount, isn't it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom