Differences between Elite and Elite 2 - HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njclifford

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy, just bought what I thought was an Elite 2 harness from my LDS.... upon getting home and looking on the net, I think it is an Elite. I was told it was the latest model, 2009.

First thing is the sizing... I am just over 6 foot, and the size on this harness is a MD. I was under the assumption that the Elite 2 sizing is MD-LG??

Also, the waist strap does not go around the back, with a hole for the tank adaptors etc.

Also, the waist webbing is 2 pieces, whereas the Elite 2 seems to have different sizes of webbing for the waist compared to the lower chest straps.

Also, the logo on the shoulder straps is the HOLLIS, whereas the new one is just the H.

Also, on the shoulders, there is one pair of D rings, whereas the Elite 2 seems to have 2 per side....

Maybe I am being fussy, but I do want the latest gear and was told this is what I would get.

From what I have said, can I assume I have the Elite and not the Elite 2???

Kind regards,

Nick

I would take this issue up with the LDS that sold you the gear.

I think he is wanting reassurance that he is correct before he goes and states his claim...

I have been looking into purchasing the Elite "2" setup, and everywhere I've looked, I've seen the slight differences, easiest one to catch is the two shoulder d-rings per side instead of 1... I think it's pretty safe to say you have the older version...

Hi Nick,

It seems you have the original Elite harness.

There are obvious differences on version 2 as mentioned by Mitsuguy above. Still maintains the additional features and overall comfort of the Elite version 1.

Hi Nick, can you please list down in point form on the difference?
Hi Nick,

It seems you have the original Elite harness.

There are obvious differences on version 2 as mentioned by Mitsuguy above. Still maintains the additional features and overall comfort of the Elite version 1.

Hi Nick, can you please list down in point form on the difference?

Thanks for asking, good question.

1. Shoulder pads are now removable. This allows customization of hardware and upper harness assembly.
2. Connection from shoulder to waist is now 1.5" nylon vs. the original 2". This allows easier adjustment of the shoulders and is less cumbersome.
3. Shoulders and waist are now two separate pieces connected via our 2" waist slide. Allows weight to be channelled towards the front of the body and also creates more adjustment in torso length. Awesome feature for smaller frames or women.

There are a few other small changes but these are the most noticeable.

Thanks!
Thanks for asking, good question.

1. Shoulder pads are now removable. This allows customization of hardware and upper harness assembly.
2. Connection from shoulder to waist is now 1.5" nylon vs. the original 2". This allows easier adjustment of the shoulders and is less cumbersome.
3. Shoulders and waist are now two separate pieces connected via our 2" waist slide. Allows weight to be channelled towards the front of the body and also creates more adjustment in torso length. Awesome feature for smaller frames or women.

There are a few other small changes but these are the most noticeable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom