Do you look silly on your cert. card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chem

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I suppose everyone would agree that they don't look great on passport photo's, but it seems that our photo's on certification cards are the worst!

After completing our OW, we had photo's shot at the local photography store in Lovina, Bali. We were as red as could be (lot's of sun!), and the pictures were shot with a bourdeaux red background - lot's and lot's of red.

Then I lost my card, and that one looked OK as I made the photo myself.

Last month we went advanced, and had our pictures taken at the dive resort. They're out of focus and we look like we didn't sleep for 3 weeks!

Is your cert. card photo as bad as ours?

I suppose everyone would agree that they don't look great on passport photo's, but it seems that our photo's on certification cards are the worst!

After completing our OW, we had photo's shot at the local photography store in Lovina, Bali. We were as red as could be (lot's of sun!), and the pictures were shot with a bourdeaux red background - lot's and lot's of red.

Then I lost my card, and that one looked OK as I made the photo myself.

Last month we went advanced, and had our pictures taken at the dive resort. They're out of focus and we look like we didn't sleep for 3 weeks!

Is your cert. card photo as bad as ours?

:rofl3:

My own image scares me! I daren't show it to a dive outfit for fear of them not allowing such a disfigured "warpoid" on the boat! i make them look me up my cert number online!!!:shakehead:

You ought to see my Adv. Nitrox card. The photo was taken immediately after the 2nd dive that day, so I was still in my drysuit. With the latex seal, it made my face look 3X's bigger than it is. I also had a bad case of "hood hair" going on at that time too:D. How embarrassing. I'm at my worst & the instructor wants a picture.:shakehead:

Nope. When I finished my OW class, my instructor didn't have his camera and ask me to email him a pic of myself. I go to go through all of the pics on my computer, find my favorite, crop out all but my face, and send it to him.

:D

That's not to say that I look good, I just look like myself.

I do have a dive buddy that is in his late 40's right now. He still has his original PADI cert card from when he was 14 years old. He looks about 12 in the pic. That makes people do a double take when he hands it to someone and they see a pic of a kid on it.

Some are OK, some are not
You can do what I do .. just get more training and another card :wink: :laughing:
..... for my last one I took the pic myself and I look marvelous :)

It's called VANITY.

Mine are all bad. I rarely wear a baseball cap unless I'm playing baseball, but for my DM card I wore a DM hat. My Nitrox card has scan lines through it. I have two OW cards. My NAUI card doesn't include a picture, but my PADI card has the last shot of me with long hair. I found that my hood tugged on my ponytail too much, so I've kept my hair fairly short since I became certified.

it's AWFUL!!! right after the certification dives...........wet hair piled on my head UGH!!

So who's brave enough to scan their card and show us the horror? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom