FS: O'Neil 7mm/5mm neoprene drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA Aquamaster

Directional Toast
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am moving and selling the surplus. I no longer do really cold water diving so this suit is just sitting in the closet.

It has 7mm neoprene over the torso and legs with 5mm neoprene in the arms. Thsi suit is quite warm and swims almost liek a wet suit as the fabric compresses the undergarments sloightly and helps control any air shifting. You can literally dive this suit unsqueezed in a head down position and not have issues with air rushing to the the feet.

Neoprene suits are also very sqeeze resistant and get snugger feeling rather than a sharp biting squeeze like a trilam. The stretch of the neoprene also allows a much trimmer and more streamlined cut without sacrificing range of motion.

Due to the insulating qualities of the neoprene, the suit also has no condensation inside the suit as occurs in a trilam when you first jump in cold water.

The downsides of the suit are that it is warm, so in water much more than about 65 degrees you may get too warm even with just a comfort layer on under the suit. It is not well suited to warm water and it is also heavy when wet and, like a wet suit, slow to dry.

This is the second O'Neil I have owned and does not have many dives on it. All dives were in fresh water. When last dove about 15 months ago, it had no leaks, and the zipper is in very good shape. The seals are neoprene and very rugged.

It was my favorite very cold water drysuit.

The suit is an XL and fit me well at 5'9" tall and 210 pounds. It would also fit someone up to 6'1 or so and 180 pounds. Boots are size 10-11.

It needs to go to a good home and I am asking $200 plus shipping for it. They retail around $500 new.

Attachments

• O'neil dry suit 1.jpg
    O'neil dry suit 1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 97
  • O'neil dry suit 2.jpg
    O'neil dry suit 2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 82
  • O'neil dry suit 3.jpg
    O'neil dry suit 3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 81
  • O'neil dry suit 4.jpg
    O'neil dry suit 4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 76
It might fit. The size chart indicates a bottom range of 5'11 and 190 lbs. I am 5'9
and my wife wore the same size at about 5'7". It depends to some degree on inseam and te lenght of your arms, but I never found the extra arm and leg lenght to be an issue.

Larry

You think it would fit 5'6 190 lb?

you're close enough to him, maybe, to try it on. he goes to baltimore almost every weekend.

Yes, still available.

I am listing this on e-bay if no one takes it by satruday

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom