Port for Zuiko 7-14mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve2056

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Olympus E-3 and housing and also the 8" dome port #5510.45 and port body #5510.25 for the 7-14mm lens. However, I find that the complete assembly (with 2x DS125s) is extremely heavy out of the water and uncomfortably negative in the water. Looking at the Ikelite website I see there is also a 6" dome port #5503.30 for this lens. What I would like to know is:

1. Are there any optical quality differences between the two ports?
  2. Does the #5503.30 include a port body, or is a separate body needed?
  3. What is the weight, in air, of the #5503.30?

I would like to reduce the weight as much as possible and at the moment it could be too heavy (and the 8" port fragile) to take being thrown around in a RIB. A smaller, lighter dome port would be preferable.

Any comments or advice welcomed.

Thanks,

Steve

1. The 8" dome will normally give you sharper picture edges than the 6" dome at super-wide angle settings.

2. It is one piece (6" dome and port body) with a removable shade.

3. .85 lbs.

Thanks Brett. That's settles things, I'll stick with the 8" port. I currently get soft edges with my C-8080WZ set-up and one reason for going to the E-3 was just this problem.

Cheers :)

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom