Small Boat Charter in Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hypersonic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone recommend a dive op in Sharm that offers a smaller boat for private charter?

The boat would need to accommodate 3 divers and offer some protection from the sun.

I just got back from Sharm, and I used Emperor Divers. I hired a private guide, a wonderful guy named Dan Zanoni, and he guided me personally through the entire time I was there. I was really surprised how inexpensive it was to hire a private guide. Each day, there were no more than 10 divers on the boat, and there was shade to spare. I cannot say enough good things about Emperor Divers, especially Dan.

I received my Advanced Open Water certification while I was diving there, and especially since I had Dan's 100% attention on me, I felt that I got everything out of the course that was available. He worked with me on Peak Buoyancy Control, and once I got that down to a science, all of my dives went very, very well.

Prior to my trip, I was told by a very experienced diver that he would never dive in the Red Sea again because he felt that they ran "cattle boat" trips. I felt that my experience was quite the opposite. The crew was very attentive. By the time I got onto the boat and sat down, one of the crew was helping me off with my BCD. All I had to do was look at one of them, and they would jump to my assistance taking off my wetsuit.

If it were not for the Cairo Airport, I would probably take another vacation there soon. Be prepared for total chaos if you're flying into Cairo. I spent two days in Cairo / Giza for the obligatory camel ride & pyramid tour. I had a great time overall.

I stayed at the Tropitel Naama Bay, and Emperor Divers is just up the hill and turn left. It was an easy 5 minute walk each morning. Actually, in my excitement, it was more like 3 minutes... If you stay at the Tropitel, get a massage in their Health Spa. It was a great experience!

There was a lot of plankton in the water while I was diving, so my photos didn't come out as perfect as I would have liked, but I got some good shots.

PM me if you would like Dan's contact info. Emperor Divers has an easy-to-find website, and it's quite user-friendly. I highly recommend their services.

JR

We took Red Sea Shadow up on his 20 meter boat offer. Expect to be on board in about ten days.

Will write a trip report on our return.

flyfishscubadive - Good info on Cairo. We managed to avoid the place by flying from Manchester, U.K. direct to Sharm via Thompson Airlines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom