Weather in Dahab at the moment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davidpfitz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks -

I'm packing my bags to head off to Dahab for 10 days and was wondering if anyone out there, or anyone who has been there this time of year could help me with my packing!

What's the water temperature like at the moment? I could pack either a 5mm Everflex full length, or a 2mm shorty + a Fourth Element Thermocline vest, which seems to be rated as apx. 2.5mm of insulation around the torso.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Water is 23c or 24c in shallow sites. For me im wearing 3mm vest, 7mm semi dry and 3mm shortie on top and just about comfortable provided dives arent over 45 mins. Others are happy in 5mm semis. A few hardy people are in shorties but they're insane and not doing many dives.

Surface weather is temps in the mid 40s, sometimes low 40s. Usual howling wind in the morning that drops off mid afternoon. Temp dropping to 28c or so at night.

Try this link for surface conditions forecast.

Who are you diving with?

I hope Marsa Alam will be warmer next week.
Or better yet can someone turn up the heat,I comming over and hate coldwater.:D

Water is 23c or 24c in shallow sites. For me im wearing 3mm vest, 7mm semi dry and 3mm shortie on top and just about comfortable provided dives arent over 45 mins. Others are happy in 5mm semis. A few hardy people are in shorties but they're insane and not doing many dives.

Surface weather is temps in the mid 40s, sometimes low 40s. Usual howling wind in the morning that drops off mid afternoon. Temp dropping to 28c or so at night.

Try this link for surface conditions forecast.

Who are you diving with?

Thanks! looks like I'll take the Everflex, then!

No idea who I'm diving with yet - am usually very organised but not this time. Might book ahead, or might just rock up and see what looks good. Any recommendations?

David.

Not really. They all offer the same sites at the same price at the same day. Use whoever is local and convenient.

Oh, one other question to anyone who can help ... I found Sharm bloody cold at night in December and didn't bring nearly enough warm clothes for the evening. Will I need warm stuff for Dahab at this time of year, or will I be toasty in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt in the evening / night?

Can't wait to go!

Not worn my fleece or jeans for weeks now. Its warm enough at night even when windy as wind is warm. Only time im chilly now is when im somewhere with aircon (which isnt many places)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom